BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries. As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts Receivable Officer
Employment type: Full time
- Timely receipt of customer payments in Sage as per the remittance advises and in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Weekly reconciliation of customer receipts and ensuring that there no unallocated receipts at the end of the month.
- Monthly circulation of account statement to Finance Manager
- Ensuring monthly reconciliation of all key customers.
- Generating weekly sales status report and Z reports that reconciles to the monthly sales
- Ensure that customer credit limit is strictly adhered and in accordance with the company policy
- Monthly preparation of customers Days Sales Outstanding (DSO) reports
- Maintain account receivable files customer files and records.
- Ensuring queries on receivables are addressed in a timely manner
- Ensuring that GL fully reconciles with AR sub ledger
- Assist FM in preparation of weekly and monthly customer aging reports.
- Weekly review of AR aging to ensure compliance
- Weekly cash forecasting of customer payments
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities.
- ICO’s are completed accurately and timeously i.e. day 3 for AR. Items older than 3 months are resolved;
- Ensures that company internal control policies and procedures are being adhered to, drives process improvements throughout the company, implement Highest Priorities and Key Control changes as required by Internal Audit Report
- Liaise with external auditors, assist FM in preparation of audit requirements, participate in annual audit stock count
- Implementation of external audit recommendations
- Ensure strict adherence to the company credit policy.
- Assist in adhoc project management as and when required by the FM
Key Performance Indidcators:
- General ledger integrity – Ensuring GL is in tandem with sub ledger
- Successful implementation and adherence to internal controls and external audit and IT recommendations;
- Timely processing of vendor’s invoice
- Real time posting of customer receipts in Sage
- Effective management of AP and resolution of claims and queries;
- No discrepancies in ICO’s;
- 100% reconciliation for key customers
- Accuracy and completeness of AR cash forecast
- Minimum 3 years prior work-related experience within a busy finance department.
- FMCG experience will be added advantage
- Computer Literacy – Experience in Microsoft Suite (MS Word, Excel Advanced a must, Outlook and PowerPoint)
- Planning / Prioritizing (Practical Management) – The capacity to break down a large task into subtasks or sub-goals, to anticipate obstacles and evaluate alternatives. Includes needs identification (recognizing gaps between the current situation and desired outcome).
- Organizing (Practical Management) – The capacity to define tasks needed to accomplish goals and assign and co-ordinate people, tasks and resources to ensure and efficient flow of work.
- Initiative (linked to achievement motivation) – An individual’s readiness to act on opportunities and pursue goals beyond what’s required or expected of them. Sets demanding goals for self and others and is dissatisfied with average performance.
- Rule – Orientation (Achievement Through – Conformity) – The ability to achieve results following rules and procedures.
- Excellence Orientation (Concern For High-Quality Work) – Follow-through; the motivation to ensure the highest standards of quality and productivity are consistently maintained (linked also to detail
- Reliability (Linked To Time Management) – The orientation towards being conscientious in sticking to deadlines and completing jobs within fixed schedules or routines.
- Acievement Through Independence – The capacity to work independently; linked to the motivation to achieve through one’s own efforts and be able to attribute success clearly to personal causation.
Application Closing Date
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.