Klasha makes it easy for African consumers to shop online. We build technology that allows African consumers to easily access the goods they want on the continent. We enable payments online in local African currencies and can handle the last-mile logistics for our retail partners too. Statistically, Africa is the future, so we believe consumers on the continent should have the same frictionless access to the global e-commerce economy as consumers in the West.
Klasha was founded in Lagos, Nigeria in 2018 and is backed by Techstars, Ginco Investments and a group of notable angel investors. Klasha is run by 20-somethings from five nationalities that speak six different languages between them. Klasha has offices in Johannesburg, South Africa and Lagos, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resources and Operations Associate
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full-time
About the Job
- Klasha is looking to hire an experienced HR and Operations Associate to manage and maintain our human resources department and records records.
- In this role, you will be responsible for obtaining and recording HR information, managing the HR database, creating HR documentation and assisting company employees with enrolment procedures and HR-related issues.
- To ensure success as an HR and Operations Associate, you should have excellent communication skills, good interpersonal skills, and a good understanding of employment law.
- Ultimately, a top-notch HR Associate is well organized, efficient, and approachable. This role will also include operational management for the company as a whole.
- Communicating with potential job candidates.
- Contacting candidate references and verifying education listings.
- Managing HR records including, résumés, applicant logs, and employee forms.
- Issuing employment contracts and verifying completion.
- Issuing new employees with enrolment documents.
- Conducting employee orientations.
- Explaining employee benefits.
- Responding to HR-related queries within the company.
- Maintaining employee confidentiality.
- Managing operations across the company.
- Interviewing and recruiting new hires.
- Assisting with the distribution of training material.
- Handling employment relations issues such as grievances and employee welfare.
- Leading the recruitment process, including selection and interviewing of candidates.
- Collaborating with other managers in the business, sometimes internationally, to ensure the smooth running of the company from a people perspective.
- Administration of employee-related paperwork, such as employment contracts, new starter packs, or formal notices of termination.
- Leading new starter company inductions.
- Managing talent pools and succession plans to ensure the company can continue to operate in the future.
- Overseeing training and development of employees.
- Administering financial elements such as payroll, compensation and benefits, and pension schemes.
- Help the organization’s processes remain legally compliant.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
- Previous experience working in Human Resources.
- Knowledge of database software, email systems, and office software.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Friendly and professional demeanor.
- Good organizational skills.
- Advanced knowledge of employment law.
- Empathy and an approachable demeanor.
- Attentiveness and honesty.
The Fun Stuff
- Competitive salary.
- Cool company perks.
- You’ll be working with a young, growing team based in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Fast and expanding career progression.
- Flexible working hours.
Application Closing Date
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.