Kuda is a full service, app-based digital bank. Our mission is to be the go-to bank not just for those living on the African continent, but also for the African diaspora wherever they might live, anywhere in the world. Kuda is free of ridiculous banking charges and great at helping customers budget, spend smartly and save more. We raised the largest seed round ever seen in Africa, and completed a Series A funding round in February 2021, led by some of the world’s smartest venture capital investors.
With offices in London (our HQ), Lagos and Cape Town, and further offices opening across Africa during 2021, Kuda is fast becoming recognised as the leading ‘Neobank’ for Africans.
To help us grow into the company that can bring meaningful change to the way people across Africa get access to great financial products and services in order to take control of their personal finances, we are actively looking for bright, talented, driven people who are excited by our mission. If this sounds like a great way to spend your valuable time, then please get in touch with us.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Audit Lead
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job type: Full time
Department: Internal Audit
- We are looking for an Internal Audit Lead to join our team and take responsibility for monitoring and reviewing the effectiveness of Kuda‘s internal control systems and corporate governance systems with a view to safeguarding the assets of the Company.
- It will be your responsibility to conduct assigned control reviews, audits, and investigation with a view to providing assurance to the Board and Senior Management that controls are in place, adequate and operating effectively to support the Bank in achieving its goals.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Conduct audits of departments/functional areas in accordance with timelines
- Conduct audit testing of potential risk areas and identify reportable issues
- To conduct any reviews or tasks requested by Management
- Actively participates in the development of Internal Control/Audit policies
- Provide practical recommendations to management to minimize risk resulting from poor internal controls
- Continuous review of policies, processes, and procedures to match up to best practices
- Provide assurance that processes and procedures are complied with to avoid operational losses
- Provide assurance that controls are in place and are effective and adequate and make recommendations where necessary
- Conduct monthly reviews of the management account.
- Track resolution of all audit / control recommendations and ensure compliance within agreed timeline.
- Assist in developing strong Policies and Standard Operating Procedures
- Ensure Policy/Procedure/Regulatory Compliance on transactions or reports initiated by various process owners
- Create and improve homogenous Compliance Culture across all units of the Bank that aligns with the control and business objectives of the Bank
- Institute and enforce aggressive Revenue Assurance and Cost reduction Strategies/Tactics to ensure zero% income leakages
- Actively follow up on all open issues in the Internal Audit Report, Management letter, Regulatory Examiners report on Kuda.
- Periodic review of system/product changes to ensure requisite approvals are in place.
- Log in all exceptions observed unto the Control Exception tracker
- Conduct spot checks, stock take and other functions as may be assigned from time to time
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by Head, Internal Audit and Management.
- Candidates should possess a B.Sc. Degree
- Member of a recognized accounting professional body (e.g. ICAN, ACCA etc.)
- Associate or advanced Professional Student levels
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience performing Internal Control/Audit function
Skills & Experience:
- Advanced knowledge of auditing processes/procedures
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
- Ability to coordinate and perform multiple tasks/projects simultaneously, balancing priorities and deliverables.
- Competent interpersonal skills, demonstrating the ability to lead projects and mentor others
- Ability to evaluate business processes, identify risks and evaluate controls.
- Advanced investigative and analytical skills
- Ability to translate business needs and problems into viable and accepted solutions.
- Ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional, and technical disciplines.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to share and impart knowledge
- Good interpersonal relationship
- Good project management skills
Why join Kuda?
Become a part of one of the trailblazers in the challenger banking arena by joining the exciting and ambitious team at Kuda Bank as we work to become the neobank for ‘every African on the planet’:
- An exciting and flexible work environment
- Competitive pay
- Smart and kind coworkers
- Full pension contribution
- Reliable health insurance
Application Closing Date
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.