Talents and Skills Africa Consulting
Talents and Skills Africa Consulting – Our client, a leading E-Commerce, Retail, and Distribution company in the ICT industry is seeking to employ a qualified and experienced candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Business Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
- The job holder is responsible for managing and overseeing overall systems infrastructure, applications and network to support the tactical and strategic business goals and objectives.
- The jobholder will also ensure the streamlined operation of the IT department is in line with business goals; provide direction and support for all systems and the daily operational activities of the IT department; work closely with business decision makers across the organization to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support effective technology solutions for all parts of the organization; define and implement IT policies and procedures and ensure sound practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the IT Department in operational and strategic planning and budgeting, including fostering innovation, planning projects, organization and resource allocation
- Diagnose and ascertain technology requirements; make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and systems
- Direct research and other analysis to support IT planning; direct research on potential technology solutions
- Develop business cases and undertake cost-benefit analyses to justify or support IT spending and initiatives.
- Evaluate and propose technological solutions relevant to the business; ensure that technologies deployed and enhancements to infrastructure and business applications align with business goals
- Provide expert advice on relevant technology tools and best practices
- Provide suggestions for enhancing IT value and performance.
- Negotiate, administer and manage vendor and consultant contracts and service agreements with in conjunction with Procurement and other relevant business units
- Manage vendors and service providers, and ensure all products and services are delivered according to agreements and specifications
- Develop and implement all robust IT policies and procedures; ensure organization-wide adherence to established policies and procedures
- Identify, assess and manage information technology risks; ensure security of data, information and systems
- Ensure no less than satisfactory audits.
- Manage all aspects of the IT Department including the budget, financial purchasing, budgeting, and budget review.
- Manage the delivery or provision of a complete range of Information Technology Services covering networks, telecommunications, systems and devices, ERP etc.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Computer Science or Engineering, Information Technology or related field.
- Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years progressive IT experience with at least 3 years in supervisory and management positions in an IT department
- Strong project management experience
- Relevant information technology qualifications / certifications.
- Demonstrated broad ICT & business knowledge; database management, business application configuration; IT support knowledge and skills.
- Information Technology Management
- Strategic Planning&Management.
Application Closing Date
20th April, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org