Kuda is a full service, app-based digital bank. Our mission is to be the go-to bank not just for those living on the African continent, but also for the African diaspora wherever they might live, anywhere in the world. Kuda is free of ridiculous banking charges and great at helping customers budget, spend smartly and save more. We raised the largest seed round ever seen in Africa, and completed a Series A funding round in February 2021, led by some of the world’s smartest venture capital investors.
With offices in London (our HQ), Lagos and Cape Town, and further offices opening across Africa during 2021, Kuda is fast becoming recognised as the leading ‘Neobank’ for Africans.
To help us grow into the company that can bring meaningful change to the way people across Africa get access to great financial products and services in order to take control of their personal finances, we are actively looking for bright, talented, driven people who are excited by our mission. If this sounds like a great way to spend your valuable time, then please get in touch with us.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Product Designer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- We’re looking for a talented Product Designer with great visual design and UX skills to help build our internal product.
- You will be involved in the full product development cycle: from early research and product strategy, to design and developer hand-off.
- You should have a strong understanding of design patterns on web, strong visual and user experience sensibilities, and care deeply about the end-user experience.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Use various techniques to create drafts and prototypes
- Produce final design solutions
- Pitch creative and usable ideas
- Bring new ideas to life from sketching and wireframes, through to high-fidelity prototypes, visual design, asset production and developer handoff.
- Use feedback from other designers, customers, and team members to improve the product.
- Work closely with Product Managers and Engineers on the Internal Product team to launch features which impact the team’s KPI’s
- 1-3 years of designing and shipping web-based products and tools
- Strong portfolio demonstrating visual and user experience design in similar products
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Experience with design software (e.g. Sketch, Figma) and graphics editing tools (e.g. Photoshop, illustrator)
- Experience working in highly collaborative design teams, or other multidisciplinary teams
- Familiarity with design techniques (e.g. prototyping, wireframing) and an understanding of visual elements (layout, colors typography, and fonts)
- A keen eye for detail as well as strong time management and multitasking abilities
- A strong understanding of responsive design, feature hierarchy, and care deeply about the end-user experience
- An ability to empathize with a wide range of users, often different from yourself, to understand what they need..
Nice To Haves:
- Knowledge of and interest in technology and financial services; prior experience working in fintech or digital payments a plus.
Become a part of one of the trailblazers in the challenger banking arena by joining the exciting and ambitious team at Kuda Bank as we work to become the neobank for ‘every African on the planet’.
- An exciting and flexible work environment
- Competitive pay
- Smart and kind coworkers
- Full pension contribution
- Reliable health insurance
Application Closing Date
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.