Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company’s product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Technical Director, South East
Location: Enugu, Nigeria
Job type: Full-time
- To lead, direct, coordinate and control all Network Operations, Maintenance and Resources in the Region to ensure all goals (optimal network availability, coverage, maintaining target network KPI’s and quality standards) are met to deliver plus one network quality.
- Providing local network support for both the Commercial Teams in the Region towards ensuring that network impacting issues are proactively resolved.
- Management of all Regional Network E2E and Strategic Partners (SPs) to deliver optimal availability and customer experience QoS.
- Co-ordinate the annual regional operating plans OPEX (AOPs) for all the active and passive network systems in Airtel Nigeria
- Drive the end-to-end process documentation, implementation and compliance to processes, procedures and policies to ensure seamless operations across all SP
- Regulatory Compliance
- Partner Management
- Team Management
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor of Electrical / Electronic Engineering or Telecoms Engineering (Masters Degree in Engineering a plus)
- Sound knowledge of Mobile Network O&M.
- Transmission and IP experience is highly desired (a must-to have).
- 8 – 12 years of varied quality experience in operation and maintenance in the Telecom industry
- 6-8 years senior managerial experience in a GSM/mobile company
- Team Management
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- Strategic negotiation skills
- Entrepreneurial disposition in decision making and managing resources
- Logical decision-making abilities
- Flexible and dedicated
- Ability to innovate and deliver value to business
- Ability to manage an outsourcing partner to effectively deliver on service level agreements
- Ability to motivate and lead both internal and external partners
- Impeccable integrity and character
- Communication Skills
- Cost, process and automation Innovation
Application Closing Date