The GIG group is a holding company for a number of subsidiaries with interests in key sectors of Nigeria’s economy. We believe that Nigeria, in spite of its seeming vulnerabilities, holds the greatest market potential for any prospective investor through leveraging on people, customer service and innovative technologies. At the GIG group we are strong, focused, determined, assertive, customer centric, ready to partner and compete as we see a world of unlimited possibilities defined by a relentless spirit and great vision.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Accountant
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- Assist the Group Head, Finance & Account on business planning, budget, forecasts and financial analysis across the Group and its subsidiaries.
- Responsible for day to day finance and account operations of the GIG Group and subsidiaries assigned.
- Prepare all tax statement, tax returns and other tax related documents across the GIG Group
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports of analyzed data in line with IFRS policies and procedures.
- Administer payrolls, controlling income and expenditure for the Group and subsidiaries.
- Provide a high-quality support service by liaising with external and internal stakeholders on all aspects of finance.
- Recommend improvements to financial processes and systems to better support all GIG Group subsidiaries.
- Maintain records and support auditing efforts
- Facilitate the preparation of monthly returns for the Group and subsidiaries.
- Effect payment of financial obligations through either direct bank transfer or cheque issuance.
- Ensure that expenses are within the required approval limits, contain all necessary documents and complies with the Group’s payment and internal control policy.
- Maintain fixed asset register.
- Guide and coordinate the activities of subordinates
- Carry out other duties as assigned by the Group Head, Finance & Account.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s Qualification in a relevant field
- Minimum of 6 years Finance & Accounting Experience
- Associate member of a recognized professional body – ICAN, ACCA.
- Knowledge of Taxation, Financial analysis and Audit
- Experienced working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Proficiency in the use of SAGE and Microsoft- Excel.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2021.
To apply for this job please visit smrtr.io.