9mobile is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Engineer, Transmission Performance
Job ID: IRC4137
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Identification, monitoring, analysis and reporting of issues affecting transmission network performance.
- Shall oversee the creation, monitoring, analysis and reporting of KPIs for the entire transmission network domain on the 9mobile network.
- Carryout health-check and technical analysis to identify root cause of degradations and highlight areas where operational, parameter or strategy interventions are required to drive improvement.
- Lead network customer experience analysis and improvement strategy for enterprise links.
- Shall oversee end-to-end transmission performance and monitor resource utilization.
- Review of network traffic, availability, and other network performance data to identify potential trouble spots and initiate necessary steps to mitigate risks.
- Carryout impact analysis of changes to ensure QoS is maintained.
- Escalate to maintenance and resolver teams all transmission related concerns which needs to the dealt with.
- Provide support for the other stakeholders where necessary during end-to-end investigations.
- Support network performance team in defining and creating performance reports on the existing OSS and any other umbrella OSS platforms
- Engage vendors on the roadmap of the network elements and solutions that will provide more visibility and help improve on service delivery.
- Ensure performance metrics are defined correctly and carry out periodic review of same.
- Develop processes that may be required in setting best work practice in the unit as may be assigned.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field is required
- At least 4 years in telecoms industry with at least 3 years in the transmission network domain.
- Familiarity with Huawei, Ex-ALU, Nokia or NERA equipment would be an advantage
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Good knowledge of mobile network architecture
- Good knowledge and understanding of transmission network technologies
- Transmission network planning and optimization
- Microwave for access and long-haul domains
- Fiber network
- IP knowledge
- Very good use of Microsoft Office packages
- Personal Effectiveness
- Problem Solving
- Analytical – logical analysis
- Presentation – would be expected to make regular presentations
- Passion for Excellence
- Growing &empowering people
- Customer Focus
Application Closing Date
To apply for this job please visit careers.9mobile.com.ng.