University Press Plc
University Press PLC (UPPLC) was founded in 1949 under the name of Oxford University Press Nigeria, and has grown to become one of the oldest, most experienced and the Nation’s Foremost Publishers of materials for educational and for general reading. At incorporation as a public liability company in 1978, the Company’s name was changed to University Press Limited with an authorised share capital of 8,000,000 Ordinary shares of 50k each.
Quoted on the Nigerian Stock Exchange on 14th August 1978, UPPLC has, on two occasions, won the prestigious Stock Exchange Merit Award in the service sector of quoted companies. It has also won, for two consecutive years, 1984 and 1985, the Concord Prize for Excellence in Academic Publishing.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Senior Manager, Finance
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
- Coordinate the finance team to complete departmental tasks within deadlines
- Monitor and record financial transactions In accordance with relevant policies, standards and regulations
- Overseeing the preparations of all statutory and management accounts including liaising with the external auditors, tax authorities, etc
- Keeping Company’s financial records organised and readily available for examination
- Preparation of forecasts and other estimates for internal and external use
- Review corporate and personal income tax returns
- Provide guidance to Depot Accountants / Cashiers when necessary
- Monitor, mentor and train staff.
- Work with other teams to achieve shared goals
- Contribute to the Corporate Plan.
Qualifications & Required Skills
- A first degree (B.Sc / HND) in Accounting with a minimum of Second class lower division / lower credit with professional qualifications.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years post-qualification cognate experience in Accounting and Finance functions.
- Must be a professional member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria will be an added advantage
- Must have held a similar position as head of a Finance/Accounts Department
- Not more than 45 years of age
- Ability to pay attention to details
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Competitive and sufficiently attractive for the right type of candidate.
- A fulfilling and bright career is assured.
Application Closing Date
7th April, 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org